Since most of our document proofs are made into online. It’s now very easy to maintain a paperless storage of your proof. DigiLocker is one of the initiative apps to store your proofs in a single place to access at any time.
Using this you can avail your most of the government issued documents easily. So how to use digilocker app?
- Visit here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digilocker.android and download the app.
- Sign up in the app
Signing up for DigiLocker is easy -all you need is your mobile number.
Your mobile number will be authenticated by sending an OTP (one-time password) followed by selecting a username & password. This will create your DigiLocker account.
After your DigiLocker account is successfully created, you can voluntarily provide your Aadhaar number (issued by UIDAI) to avail additional services.
- Start adding your documents either by upload option or you can get your already available documents by entering few details.
List of documents that are already available
- Aadhar card
As you can see in notification you have an option for driving licence and your Registration book also aadhar card. Just click on it to get started.
- To get aadhar card you have to just enter your aadhar number and OTP from your aadhar registered mobile number.
- To get driving licence
You need to enter your licence number which is nothing but DOI number. Enter it and type your relative name properly as per the document. Click search and it will be automatically added in your locker which will be informed by a notification message below.
- To get RC book information, similarly, click from main dashboard page
Enter your vehicle registration number,chasis number and relative name as per the document. Click search and it will be automatically added in your locker which will be informed by a notification message below.
- So this documents will get displayed under issued document
- To upload your own documents, click upload documents from dashboard page, click on upload icon to upload.
Already available documents come under issued documents and manually uploaded documents comes under uploaded documents. This is very simple, easy to use.
To know more about how it works visit here
For more random technical post, please subscribe us and let us know your thoughts in comments. for more post